Children of the families working at the Paradise scheelite mine attended this tiny historic school back in the early 1900’s.
Old School might be small on space, but it has plenty of old-school charm.
Perfect as a couple’s retreat, the cabin consists of a single room with a double bed, a couple of armchairs beside the open fire and views of Turret Head. Water is supplied via an outside tap and all cooking is done on the outside gas cooker.
Soak up the morning sun while admiring the view of Mount Earnslaw from this little gem.
You can drive to this cabin with approximately 20 metre walk up a wee hill from the park to the hut door.
- Double bed
- Open fire and dry wood
- Gas ring for cooking
- Full set of cutlery, plates and all other kitchenware
- Pillows with clean pillow cases and mattress protector
- Fire bath (source your own wood or pay an extra $20 for us to supply) – fire restrictions may apply
- Small sink with running water (recommended to boil before drinking)
$95 per night minimum charge (up to two people)
Check-in is by a pre-arranged time between
3.00pm – 6.30pm / Check-out 10:30am
What You Need To Bring
- Bedding and towels
- Food & drinks
- Insect repellent & Sunscreen
- Torch & Lantern
- Matches or lighter
- Toilet paper
- Wood for outside bath
Important Information About
The Old School HOUSE
- Please note there is no electricity at this cottage and no charging facilities on the property for electronic devices.
- Strict no candles, no motor/quad bikes, no drones, and no firearms allowed.
- All rubbish to be removed from the property and the cottage left as you found it, otherwise cleaning charges may apply.