Small in size but big on views, this secluded hut has a reputation for having the best birdsong during the morning dawn chorus. From this cozy warm hut, lie in bed and soak up the sensational mountain views looking up the Dart Valley, (sometimes referred to as the valley of the gods).
Due to its location, access to Nox hut is walking only. You will need to carry all your supplies (backpacks recommended) on the 10 minute walk in from the main car park near the office.
- Double bed, pillows and mattress protector
- Small fireplace (some wood provided)
- Basic cooking equipment plates and cutlery
- Gas cooker with gas bottle
- Running water (recommended to boil before drinking)
- Long drop toilet
- For an extra $10 your gear can be transported to the hut, but it must be pre-arranged in advance of your arrival
$95 per night minimum charge (up to two people)
Check-in is by a pre-arranged time between
3.00pm – 6.30pm / Check-out 10:30am
What You Need To Bring
- Bedding and towels
- Food and drink (with ice packs)
- Lantern and torch
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Toilet paper
- Matches or lighter
WILD MICE can sometimes be found checking out our wilderness huts and boutique accommodation looking for cheese and other snacks. While measures are taken to try and keep these pesky invaders at bay some of the more cunning critters can be seen during your stay.
Important Information About
- There is no vehicle access to this hut. The walk is about 1km from the office carpark or bring bikes – an ideal way of getting around the property.
- Please note there is no electricity at this cottage and no charging facilities on the property for electronic devices.
- Strictly no candles, no motor/quad bikes, no drones, and no firearms allowed.
- All rubbish to be removed from the property and the cottage left as you found it, otherwise cleaning charges may apply.