One of our best kept secrets, Dolans is nestled on a hill with spectacular views of Cosmos Peaks and Turret Head.
There is no road access to this hut. Instead you take your belongings and walk the 1km track through mature beech forest. The hut is set in an elevated clearing that rewards you with breathtaking views up the Dart Valley. Guests staying at Dolans must park their car in the main car park by the office.
- Double and sofa bed with pillows and mattress protectors
- Small cosy fireplace with wood provided
- Gas cooker with gas bottle
- Running water (recommended to boil before drinking)
- Long drop toilet
- Limited pots, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Fire bath (source your own wood or pay an extra $20 for us to supply) – fire restrictions may apply
- For an extra $10 your gear can be transported to the hut, but it must be pre-arranged in advance of your arrival
- $95 per night minimum charge (two people)
- $10 per extra adult or child (5-15 years inclusive) per night
Children under the age of 5 years are FREE
Check-in is by a prearranged time between
3.00pm – 6.30pm / Check-out 10:30am
What You Need To Bring
- Bedding and towels
- Food and drink (with ice packs)
- Lantern and torch
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Toilet paper
- Matches or lighter
Important Information About
- There is no vehicle access to this hut. The walk is about 1km from the office carpark or bring your bikes – an ideal way of getting around the property.
- Please note there is no electricity at this cottage and no charging facilities on the property for electronic devices.
- Strictly no candles, no motor/quad bikes, no drones, and no firearms allowed.
- All rubbish to be removed from the property and the cottage left as you found it, otherwise cleaning charges may apply.