Hidden away in a clearing surrounded by mature beech forest, Bushveldt is a firm favourite for people wanting to immerse themselves in nature.
Bushveldt’s main cabin sleeps three people with a kitchen and coal range that heats the water for a shower. Close to the main cabin are two separate basic huts that each sleep two people (please note there is no heating in these two huts). Bushveldt is booked exclusively, regardless if it is one person or seven, so you will not have to share this place with other people.
For those of you that enjoy fishing or a refreshing swim, Diamond Lake is an easy 10 minute forest walk. Stoke up the outdoor baths or just sit on the large deck and enjoy the mountain views and birdsong that surrounds this idyllic gem.
There is vehicle access to this cabin.
Sleeps: 7 in Summer (October – April)
Sleeps: 3 in Winter (May – September)
- Main cabin (double bed, single bed)
- Two separate huts (one with twin beds, one with double bed)
- Separate shower room heated by wetback
- Running water (recommended to boil before drinking)
- Dry wood for coal range only
- Gas cooker or coal range for cooking
- Full set of cutlery, plates and kitchenware
- Pillows with clean pillow cases and mattress protectors
- Outside long drop toilet
- $105 per night minimum charge (two people)
- $45 per extra adult, per night
- $10 per child, per night (5 – 15 years inclusive)
Children under the age of 5 years are FREE
Check-in is by a pre-arranged time between 3.00pm – 6.30pm / Check-out 10:30am
What You Need To Bring
- Bedding and towels
- Food and drink (with ice packs)
- Lantern and torch
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Toilet paper
- Matches or lighter
WILD MICE can sometimes be found checking out our wilderness huts and boutique accommodation looking for cheese and other snacks. While measures are taken to try and keep these pesky invaders at bay some of the more cunning critters can be seen during your stay.
Important Information About
- Please note there is no electricity at this cottage and no charging facilities on the property for electronic devices.
- Strictly no candles, no motor/quad bikes, no drones, and no firearms allowed.
- All rubbish to be removed from the property and the cottage left as you found it, otherwise cleaning charges may apply.
- The two smaller huts are closed during the winter months.